The 8th Geneva Brass Festival will take place from 12 to 14 October, 2018.
For this eighth festival, the Geneva Tuba Festival team has joined the management team of the GBF!
One program for multiple tastes!
– The Big Up’Band, new local Geneva big band will be giving an electrifying jazzy concert at the Centre des Arts of the International School of Geneva, a first time collaboration for the GBF with this great center!
– The Harmonie Nautique, essential wind orchestra of Geneva (let’s remember they are the ensemble for which the Victoria Hall was built 125 years ago), has agreed to participate in our festival! It will share the stage with one of the best euphoniumists nowadays, Thomas Ruedi. The concert will take place of course at the Victoria Hall.
– The Stockholm Chamber Brass, star brass quintet, laureate of numerous international prizes, will be celebrating its 30th anniversary together with the audience of Geneva, Saturday night at the Salle Frank-Martin!
– Ensemble Agamemnon, from France, will offer a concert on early instruments at the Museum of Art and History: the audience will have the chance to discover the great Galletti collection. Young audience will also attend this event, through school mediations.
– For the traditional Family concert, a carte blanche is given to the CPMDT: professors and young music students will offer a promising show called “Brass Symphony” at the Salle Frank-Martin.